12/21/2004

Usual Monday

Made the usual spaghetti dinner tonight and R & A and I watch Dan Rather newscast which I had recorded earlier. Dinner was late, partly because Ant was on Game Colony dot com playing chess and I was giving the best off-the-cuff tactical advice I could manage. He won his first game ever on the site against a ~1600 rated player. It got down to Ant's king and queen against a solitary king. For some reason he didn't get any rating points for winning. When he resigned the next game, heart not really in it, boy, then they took away points!
After dinner we watched a Kevin Kline movie about a prep school teacher. "The Emperor's Club," wasn't horrible like "Dead Poets Society," it was so so. I've seen worse movies. Story line was a bit predictable.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares