9/13/2004

KitchenAid

Ordered some beaters for the KitchenAid Ultra Power hand mixer that I bought at a thrift store a while back. It's in "like new" condition but it didn't have the beaters with it. The beaters cost about $26 including shipping and the mixer cost about $5, so I'm in for about $31 total. So I guess the savings from just buy the new KitchenAid isn't fantastic, I'll froogle it and see if I've saved anything. But anyway I think it's a nice machine.
Also, at the thrift store I got a chrome, Procter-Silex toaster for about $4. Underneath it says the warrantee expired in 1968 but the thing is like new. Looking in the little trap door on the bottom there are hardly any crumbs or grime like I would expect in a thirty year-old toaster. I'm very happy with it. It must have sat on somebodies shelf unused for many, many years.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares